In a perfect world, it would be free to keep our homes perfectly comfortable all year long. Unfortunately, in reality as homeowners, we must balance comfort and efficiency to ensure that our homes are at comfortable temperatures and humidity levels and we’re not paying too much every month to maintain them. Luckily, at Spring Home our experts have some great tips on how to balance home comfort and efficiency for the best possible home comfort for the best possible price!
How Home Comfort And Efficiency Go Hand-In-Hand
Home comfort and efficiency are two sides of the same coin. When it comes to your HVAC system, the harder your unit works the more you’re going to be charged. This means that when you have an old or inefficient air conditioner or furnace, it’s going to cost you more to run than it once did. The key is to not use your HVAC system less when it begins to cost you more, but instead to keep your HVAC system running as smoothly and as efficiently as possible all year long.
Ways To Reduce Your Energy Bill And Increase Home Comfort
Your energy bill is all about the efficiency of your HVAC system. If your heating system is old or in disrepair then it is going to reflect on your monthly bill. There are several ways to ensure that your home comfort and efficiency stay balanced including:
- Sealing drafts from doors, windows, and fireplaces
- Ensuring your home, including your attic, is well insulated
- Changing your furnace filter at least once every 90 days
- Calling for repair immediately when needed
- Scheduling annual preventative maintenance every year
When You Might Need A System Upgrade
Sometimes it’s not a question of whether your HVAC system is efficient enough, as it is a question of when to replace the unit altogether. Unfortunately, even the best cared-for HVAC units have a lifespan and once they’ve taken enough wear and tear they’ll begin to become inefficient. Signs that you may need a new HVAC system to maintain your home comfort and efficiency include:
- Your HVAC system is over fifteen years old
- Your HVAC system needs more maintenance and repair than it once did
- Your energy bills are higher than usual
- Your HVAC system is making strange and unusual noises and/or smells
- You’ve noticed inconsistencies in or uneven home heating/cooling
Home comfort and efficiency is a breeze when you choose
Spring Home for your conditioning needs!
Spring Home has been servicing the HVAC needs of the GTA for over 15 years. Our award-winning team of licensed technicians is committed to providing our clients with service they can trust and equipment they can rely on.