Features and Benefits
- Provides whole-home filtration for optimal home comfort and indoor air quality, without additional energy costs.
- #1 rated professionally installed, whole-home HC16 filtration system* is now the Carbon Clean 16.
Effective filtration to protect the HVAC equipment.
- No cleaning required.
- Cartridge slides out for quick and easy replacement.
- Compatible with any HVAC system -no additional power source needed.
- MERV 16 Precision Pleat media filter (MERV 16**/CADR 1900***).
- Hospital inpatient care/general surgery level filtration.
- Removes OVER 95% of particles ranging in size down to 0.3 micron****.
- Removes OVER 90% bioaerosols and microorganisms down to 0.01 micron..
- No ozone emissions -a known lung irritant*****. The Carbon Clean 16 can reduce ground-level ozone in your home by up to 50%.
*Source: Leading consumer magazine, January 2012. Based on the published CADR, which is a standardized measurement system to determine the cubic feet of clean air produced per minute.
**MERV =Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value. Describes the filter’s ability to capture particles and ranges from 1 to 16. Typical fiberglass filter = MERV 1. The higher the MERV rating, the better the filtration.
***The Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) represents the cubic feet of clean air produced per minute.
****One micron =1/25,000 of an inch in diameter.
*****U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, “Ozone Generators that are Sold as Air Cleaners: An Assessment of Effective and Health Consequences” August 2006.