Spring Home is a HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) contractor in the GTA area and has been installed and serviced residential and light commercial HVAC products since 2001. Spring Home has earned awards from manufacturers and customers because of outstanding performance on quality of installation and service, and customer satisfaction.
Please find out more about Spring Home at www.springhome.ca/about-us
At Spring Home, we offer customer 26 points ductless air conditioner annual Precision Tune Up. It takes about one hour on site to complete the service.
When System is not Operating
1. Clean the filter. Put it back until it is dry if it has to be washed.
2. Inspect the back of the evaporator coil by lifting unit away from the wall. If it is dirty, pump down refrigerant and disconnect the power supply, take the indoor unit out and clean it. After it is cleaned, install it back.
3. Inspect the condensate drain pan at the back of the indoor unit by lifting unit away from the wall. Clean it if it is necessary.
4. Moving the manual louvers, lubricate it as needed.
5. Inspect unit installation as per manufacturer’s installation instruction and local codes.
6. Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet.
7. Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings—remove obstruction as necessary
8. Inspect condenser coil and cabinet—clean as needed
9. Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models lubricate as needed
10. Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls includes contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors and other accessories. Tighten up loose connection(s) and replace damage/wear connection(s).
11. Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage.
12. Inspect unit installation as per manufacturer’s installation instruction and local codes.
When System is operating
13. Turn the indoor automatic louver up/down and/or left/right, lubricate it as needed.
14. Measure temperature drop at supply and return when it is in cooling function.
15. Measure temperature rise at supply and return when it is in heating function.
16. Listen for abnormal noise from indoor unit.
17. Inspect the condensate water flow to see if the flow is smooth, clean it as needed.
18. Inspect unit installation as per manufacturer’s installation instruction and local codes.
19. Listen for abnormal noise from outdoor units.
20. Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust it if necessary.
21. Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities.
22. Measure super-heat and sub-cooling.
23. Measure high and low side system pressures, adjust it if necessary.
24. Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps.
25. Monitor system operation as per manufacturer’s specifications.
26. Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary.
Keeping air filter clean is very important to maintain proper efficiency and lifetime of furnace and air conditioner.
One of the most important factors in achieving satisfaction with your HVAC appliances service or installation is to hire a right contractor. The best HVAC appliance won’t be able to provide you the best comfort and maximum energy saving if it is not installed or maintained properly. In worst case scenario, best appliance with poor installation or maintenance is a waste of investment and will give you lots of headache.
The competition is very sharp in HVAC industry in the GTA area. Customers may get quotations from contractors with different products and prices. Sometimes there is price difference on same products. How do you know which contractor to hired? The following steps may help you find right contractors:
Hiring a right contractor makes you feel comfortable about your choice.
When System is not Operating
When System is Operating
Spring Home PM checkup focuses on safety, comfort and efficiency.
Safety: we check the furnace heat exchanger by combustion analysis and visual check with camera, crack or hole on heat exchanger causes CO spillage and incomplete combustion. CO is a natural product of incomplete combustion. It is odorless and colorless. It causes flu-like symptoms, disorientation, confusion and even death. Combustion analysis result tells us if the combustion is complete or incomplete.
We test all safety devices including high limited switch, roll out switches, door switch, flame sensor, and pressure switch…etc. in order to make sure that safety switches can stop the furnace when something dangerous happen.
Comfort: Furnace is “heart” of the HVAC system; it heats up and pumps air to your rooms. It is designed to fire at certain BTUH to cover the heat loss through exterior walls, windows, doors and top floor ceiling, suck return air back from rooms and distribute warm air to rooms. At Spring Home, our technicians clock the gas meter to check the firing rate, make sure the volume dampers at right position for proper air flow, check the air velocity and temperature at floor register to give you proper suggestion to increase comfort level.
We also test all functional parts, the test results may find out potential problems that may stop your furnace soon. We will replace the “trouble maker” if it is under warranty (most of furnaces have 10 years parts warranty from manufacturer), and we will suggest you to replace it if it is not under manufacturer’s warranty. Nobody wants to be surprised by a stone cold house in winter in Ontario.
Efficiency: Regular maintenance keeps your furnace work at its’ top efficiency. In Ontario, more than half of our energy bill is towards to our HVAC system. Don’t be surprised, the saving is big if you do a simple math—yearly saving times lifetime of your furnace. Plus, more energy you save, more environment friendly you are.
What we do is to replace or clean the air filter, check the blower and clean it if needed, check the combustion efficiency and adjust gas and air mixture if needed, calibrate thermostat if needed, check the air distribution system…etc.
Find out more about Spring Home Furnace PM Checkup.
For the past decade I have been asked by many homeowners in the GTA about their heating equipment. I found that the majority feel that a PM (Preventative Maintenance) checkup is to just replace their filter, which in fact is not the case. I have also spent a lot of time interviewing licensed technicians and have found that most of them don’t know what should be done when completing a PM checkup.
In the HVAC industry, some contractors will use low annual maintenance price’s (even lower than cost) to get their foot in your door just to upsell something; some contractors just walk into the mechanical room and finish the maintenance in 5 minutes. An actual PM checkup should take approximately an hour. Being in your home for 5 minutes is not the professional way to complete a checkup and is definitely not the Spring Home way.
At Spring Home, we offer our customers a full checkup from top to bottom in order to prolong the lifespan of their heating equipment, Fix potential problem, save the operation, and make your home comfortable and safe. We also make sure our trained professionals follow our 28 point PM check list to ensure you are getting the proper service you deserve and to give you peace of mind that your home is safe and comfortable. I have listed this list below….
A winter PM Checkup is for your comfort, your health and your safety, it’s also to help you save money with costly service repairs in the future. Before our technician leaves your home, we will make sure your heating equipment is working at its peak performance—safe, comfort and efficient is the Spring Home Way!
We had a tankless hot water system installed by Springhome. The sales person was very knowledgeable and presented us with different options. The installation took one day (Saturday) and there was 2 technicians who ...
Spring Home Heating & Cooling was one of the most professional companies I have ever had in my home. They were diligent while working non stop to get my heat up and running during a very cold and snowy day. Sho...
We just had our old baseboard heaters replaced yesterday after over a year of searching for the right company to go with. It was hard to find a good reputable company that was experienced in ductless systems withou...
Have been using Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems for the past few years. They have provided me excellent service throughout since my A/C installation and they have been very thorough in their work and expl...
Tiger was fantastic. He helped me troubleshoot over the phone to narrow down the issue to ensure he had the correct parts/equipment before arriving. He was able to come the same day and arrived at 8pm on Saturday t...